Friday, October 15, 2010

SOUS - Guest Designer

Happy Friday everybody
- wow, am I happy....
I am honoured to be the Guest Designer
for this fortnight's sketch challenge.....



This is sketch # 40, from Pagemaps
- and it's ROUND.....





Now, I don't mind a challenge
- but, round and FIVE photo's....
All of which I had no idea when
Nanne asked me to Guest Design.....!!!!




But, that's OK.....
I had these beautiful photographs
of DGD # 1 from Christmas (yes, beautiful
weather down here in December) 2008,
and saw the perfect opportunity to
scrap them together......


Papers used are Cosmo Cricket
"DeLovely" collection....
Bazzill cardstock.....
Pink swirls by Flourish With A Bling
"Jasmine, Hot Pink".....



Swirl bling by Zva Creative.....
Martha Stewart Border Punch - Scallop Dot.....
Nestabilities - Classic Oval, Classic Scalloped Oval
and Classic Scalloped Square.....


When the layout was finished,
it just didn't LOOK finished,
so I added the lace around the outside edge
- then I thought "it looks like a tea-tray".....

But, I like it anyway -
and it does kinda go with the colours
and theme of the layout - so it stayed....



So, there we have it.....
I wish to thank Nanne, Sandi and Leah
from SOUS for inviting me to be the
Guest Designer for October 15th, Sketch # 40......
It certainly was a challenge.....
Thanks girls.....
Hugs
Jane xx





13 comments:

Tammy E. said...

This is so, so pretty. Love the colors and the lace -- exquisite!

Unknown said...

How delicate and PRETTY! I LOVE how you did your title. PERFECT in all ways!

Fern said...

Jane, Jane, Jane you are soo funny!! First of all, Congratulations on being the Guest Designer over at SOUS!!! Next, this gorgeous layout does NOT look like a tea-tray!!! :o) I love the lace around the edge, it's perfect with these beautiful photos of your sweet granddaughter!! And ya just gotta love the bling and sparkle!!! Another gorgeous layout gf!!! Have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Super job, Jane! I've never tried a circle page - and this one is over the top! WONDERFUL!!!

Ness said...

Congratulations Jane for GD at SOUS and wow!! your take on the sketch is absolutely gorgeous, love the colours and such cute photos. Love Ness xx

annette said...

Wonderful take on the sketch Jane,
I love the pics of your grand daughter & the beautiful colours you have used .. congrats to you for GD at SOUS lov x:)

Debbie said...

Congrats on the guest DT! Beautiful layout! I love how you edged your circle with the lace and those flourishes are perfect!

Curt in Indy said...

What a challenging challenge!!!! And you did a remarkable job with it! But how can you go wrong with the subject matter in those photos??? LOL She is so beautiful, and so is this challenge piece. Well done! Best, Curt

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Jane! Well, first of all .. what an honor to have you as our guest designer! I always follow your blog in awe of your work .. and this is no exception! You took on the challenge and hit it out of the ball park! Love the lace around the edge .. and no, it doesn't look like a tea tray! Thanks so much for being our guest this week! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is SO pretty!
I love the pink on pink details and the white tiny scallops behind the smaller photos. I don't know why I like that so much but I guess its the small details that count in our craft!
And really, the photos are just too sweet! My little girl would just love that white dress!

Stine Ursin said...

SO cute! Love the pretty paper, the lace and the scalloped edges. It is so girly and so beautiful and fits the pictures perfectly!!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Jane this is nothing short of stunning, you have really out done yourself on this one. So pretty and girly and pink and that gorgeous granddaughter of yours WOW!!!

Hope you have a fantastic holiday, c u when you get back.

hugs
Kaye x

Tammara said...

I love everything about this one! The lace is so dainty and beautiful!