Monday, August 2, 2010

Singapore Sling

Continuing with my holiday themed layouts
- this one has been designed following
the sketch over at
Sketches In Thyme Challenge # 8.....



The sketch - by Monma.....


Still using my kits from Lime Tart.....
December 09 - A La Tarte.....


Papers are by Jenni Bowlin.....



Title alphabets by Heidi Swapp.....
Subtitle - Teeny Tiny by Weave Extras.....



Swirl flourish - RW Laser Cuts.....
Raffia Flower - handmade by
Sandie.....
Bazzill cardstock.....



The photo's are from a trip to Singapore we
took in 2006, with the all important visit to
Raffles Hotel for a
Singapore Sling at the Long Bar.....


I have made the central photo on the strip
a wee open out page giving a few details
about the cocktail, and also the
recipe that the Hotel now serves.....


It seems the original recipe for the Singapore Sling
was lost many, many years ago
(even though it was supposedly kept under
lock and key!!).....
The current Sling recipe is as close as
they can get.....


Well, I enjoyed it, even though the photo's
DH took of me sipping the cocktail,
were not appropriate for the layout,
thus DH gets centre stage.....
Hugs
Jane xx







8 comments:

Enfys said...

I love this Jane, the layout is fab and I love the way you did the lettering as well,
big hugs
En xx

Pat said...

Love that flower, great page!Thanks for playing at Sketches in THyme!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Great layout, Jane - you should have your photo in there but "hidden"! I love the details - the papers are beautiful, I never knew that the bar lost the recipe (yikes!) and the raffia flowers are amazing - I may have to get some of those!

Hugs!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi Jane! Love how you got that recipe on there .. cute cute! Now you need to hide a pic of yourself too for old times sake!

Barb Craft said...

Jane... that big red flower totally rocks!! I love it! it's the perfect embellie for that page!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!!
Barb :)

Brenda said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Sketches in Thyme - we hope to see your work again!

Unknown said...

I so adore your hidden journaling behind the photo, such a great idea! You layout is fabulous, as always and such an inspiraiton! Thanks for joining us again this week at Sketches in Thyme!
blessings,
Kim xXx

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Gorgeous layout Jane, love the papers. Love that you put all the info on the Singapore Sling and that it pops open too. I think I recognise those Teeny letters, wasn't I with you when you bought them LOL!

Hope the tree is coming on well! he he!

hugs
Kaye x