Monday, September 14, 2009

50th Birthday

Here are the gift and card I made for my friends special birthday......


I used the DCWV La Creme paper stack.

The 50 album is Kaiser.


























































Made up this verse for the pocket in the back.


















This is the box I decorated to hold the album....
























The card to match....









The card wouldn't fit in an envelope after I put the three roses on the front, so I had to make a special box to fit..... and I'll be damned if I can remember who gave me the inspiration for the box - if it was you - thank you xx





The two boxes.......





The complete set........


All packed up and ready to go........



Friend has received it and is delighted with her gift.....

Next post - April Lime Tart.....

TTFN

Jane xx

10 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

OMG Jane! What an amazing gift of love! Your album is stunning, the poem at the end made me laugh out loud (talk about a hint!) but I love it also for the positive spin. It's so nice to focus on 50 as "no problem" instead of "one foot in the grave!" You are just wonderful - and this gift is stunning! I'm very thankful that you posted the whole thing - - - a thousand good ideas here!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Jane this is absolutely stunning. You have put so much work into the album, I have made a few of them and love them. The poem you wrote is to die for, may have to scraplift that if you don't mind. I'm sure your friend was in tears when she opened this. You have really outdone yourself this time Jane! BEAUTIFUL!!!

hugs
Kaye x

Ann said...

WOW Jane - what absolutely beautiful gift & keepsake, your friend will love it I'm sure, tis gorgeous!! TFS your wonderful talents & ideas, yet again you've taken the ordinary & made it extra special!!! Verse is fabby too - well done Mrs :-))
Hugs, Ann xxx

Ann said...

PS - Hope Patricia had a Fabulous 50th Birthday too xx

Sandy said...

OMGosh...Jane...where to begin...what a beautiful gift...each of these projects is beyond words...just stunning...breathtakingly beautiful...I love the feathers...as a matter of fact you just inspired me with the layout I'm working on....can't say enough...fab job GF!

Carole Beath said...

Jane, oh my oh my, this set is stunning. I love anything that has a black and white them, and then that little touch of red. WOW... It has such love put into it by you and I know your friend will cherish this.
Carole

Martha said...

Wow, this is amazing!! Can imagine she loved it!!!
It is beautiful :)

Peet said...

oh my goodness..such a stunning set!!!! love, jove it!
Have a great weekend Jane
Peet x

Lynn said...

This is absolutely stunning! What a beautiful gift to give...awesome work! ~Hugs and Happiness, Lynn

Curt in Indy said...

Jaw dropping! This is so awesome, and I can't imagine how much time it took you to do this! Such eye candy! That verse that you made up was creative and darling! Thanks for sharing this very special gift! Best, Curt